Post Number: 1322
Posted From: 188.8.131.52
|Posted on Monday, September 14, 2015 - 12:48 pm: ||
Karamchedu is a very prosperous model village located 8.5 km from the busy commercial town of Chirala in Prakasam district in the state of Andhra Pradesh, India. The village has been significant from the time of British Raj because of its zamindars and famous residents.
Famous personalities of Karamchedu include:
* Vajjiya Preggada, Minister in the court of King Vimaladitya of the Eastern Chalukyas Dynasty
* Yarlagadda Ranganayakulu Nayudu, Member of States Council (equivalent of Union Cabinet in British Raj)
* Daggubati Raghavaiah Chowdary, Member of Zilla Board, Associate of Prof. N.G. Ranga and Krishikar Lok Party
* Daggubati Chowdary, Ex. M.L.A
* Daggubati Venkateswara Rao, Ex-Minister, Ex-Member of Cabinet and Current Member of Assembly
* Daggubati Purandheswari, Current Minister of State for Human Resource Development, W/o Dr. Daggubati Venkateswara Rao and Daughter of NT Rama Rao)
* Jagarlamudi Kuppuswami Chowdary, Zilla Board President, M.L.A.
* Jagarlamudi Chandramouli, Ex-Member of Parliament
* Jagarlamudi Lakshminarayana, Ex-Member of Assembly
* Jagarlamudi Lakshmi Padmavati, Ex-Minister
* Late Potini Venkata Subbaiah Chowdary, was the first President of the Karamchedu Gram Panchayat.
* Late Potini Lakshmi Narayana, was the one who initiated the 'Protected Drinking Water Scheme' to supply the protected water for the village people and established the Junior college to promote education in Karamchedu.
* Yarlagadda Venkanna Chowdary, Film Producer, Ex-President of Andhra Chamber of Commerce
* Y. Sambhuprasad, Film Producer, Ex-President of Andhra Chamber of Commerce
* D. Ramanaidu, Film Producer, listed in Guinness World Records (most films produced)
* D. Suresh, Film Producer
* D. Venkatesh, Film Actor
* Daggubati Raja, Film Actor
* Yarlagadda Sumanth, Film Actor
* Boina Subbarao, Film Director
* Yarlagadda Ramulu, is one of the renowned Film Distributors in Andhra Pradesh, under banner name"Padma Films" has distributed several films.
* Karamchedu Kumara Swamy Pantulu (Pedda Pantulu garu), renowned scholar and teacher
* Y. Ranganayakulu Chowdary, Poet, Scholar, Translated Gitanjali into Telugu
* Yarlagadda Ranganayakulu B.E., Founder of Hyderabad Study Circle
* Dr. Yarlagadda Purna Chandrasekhar Rao, FRCS, Srirang Hospital, Hyderabad, first medical graduate from Karamchedu and renowned surgeon
* Dr. Yarlagadda Nayudamma, listed in the Limca Book of Records (for separating conjoined twins)
*daggubati Darren fruits seller in recent times due to floods he was washed away with fruits
* Yarlagadda Durga vara Prasad (known as) Durgaiah garu, follower of Vinobha Bhave, works for the welfare of the village.
* Daggubati Venkateswarlu, an honest and popular senior police officer; awarded the "Presidents Police Medal for Distinguished service" (this is India's highest police & para-military services medal), besides more than 100 other awards. He is the first graduate, the first police officer and the first gazetted officer from Karamchedu. He is a student of Pedda Pantulu garu.
 Karamchedu Mandal
Karamchedu is also a Mandal (third-level government unit, below states and districts). There are seven villages under Karamchedu:
* Pothina varipalem